TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All tours are offered subject to our standard terms and conditions. Please review these terms and conditions carefully prior to completing your reservation.
Prices & terms of payment
All prices shown or quoted are in ISK Icelandic Krona. All quotes in foreign currency are subject to exchange rate fluctuations up until the day of full and final payment.
Online booking: When booking online using our booking engine you pay the full amount in the last step of the booking process.
E-Mail booking: For private tours and for any kind of tailor made tour(s), booked via email with the help of our sales team, the following applies:
- A deposit of 20% of the total contracted amount must be paid upon confirmation.
- Full payment shall reach Tailor Made Iceland at least four (4) weeks prior to the beginning of the event. In case of further delays on payments Tailor Made Iceland reserves the right to treat this as a cancellation and withdraw its confirmation of the services.
- When the booking is made less than six (6) weeks before the beginning of the event, the total amount has to be paid in full.
- We reserve the right to increase the deposit amount for certain trips.
- The deposit payment can be made by wire transfer or credit card in agreement with Tailor Made Iceland.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations must be made in writing (e-mail for example). In conformity with business practices within the Icelandic travel industry. We strongly recommend that our clients purchase a comprehensive travel insurance to cover possible need of cancellation.
Tailor Made Iceland is obliged to charge cancellation fees to the client as follows:
Scheduled day tours:
- Cancellations made with more than a 24 hour notice (prior to departure): 80% refund
- Cancellations made with less than a 24 hour notice: no refund
Private tours & tailor made tours:
- For cancellations received up until (30) days, Tailor Made Iceland will be entitled to a cancellation fee equal to 20% of the total amount of the contract.
- For cancellations received less than thirty days (30) prior to the beginning of the program and up until fourteen days (14), Tailor Made Iceland will be entitled to a cancellation fee equal to 35% of the total amount of the contract
- For cancellations received less than fourteen days (14) prior to the beginning of the program and up until forty-eight hours (48), Tailor Made Iceland will be entitled to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total amount of the contract
- For cancellations received less than forty-eight hours (48) prior to the beginning of the program, Tailor Made Iceland will be entitled to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total amount of the contract
Tailor Made Iceland disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness that might occur during our tours. The same applies for changes in schedules caused by weather, strikes or any other irregularity outside Tailor Made Iceland´s control. Tailor Made Iceland reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. Incase of changes, such as changes in flight schedule etc., the client has to pay for any additional cost caused by this (such as extra hotel nights, meals, etc.).
Incidental Charges/Hotel Charges
Traveller agrees to be responsible for all incidental charges incurred in excess of those covered by the package and, if billed to us, such incidental charges are payable to us by the traveller on our demand. Incidental charges can include food, beverages, telephone and internet use, parking fees, and other hotel charges. All hotels require a credit card or deposit for incidental charges at time of check-in.
Use of Photographs, Likenesses and Testimonials
In further consideration for participating in the trip, traveller agrees that we, or our designate, may use any photographic, video or film records of the trips for promotional and/or commercial purposes, without any remuneration to the traveller. The traveller assigns to us all right, title and interest traveller may have in or to any media in which traveller’s name or likeness might be used by us. Traveller agrees that we may use for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration to the traveller any testimonials the traveller may provide to us and for that purpose traveller assigns to us all rights to such testimonials.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Iceland where applicable. Any disputes regarding these terms and conditions shall be resolved exclusively in Icelandic courts. Traveller has read, fully understands and agrees to be legally and contractually bound with Tailor Made Iceland Tours ehf. by these terms and conditions.
Tailor Made Iceland Tours is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website and to protecting the security of the information from clients.
- We collect personal information when you register for a trip quote or otherwise voluntarily provide such information to provide a better user experience.
- We prevent unauthorised access, and we do not sell, rent, or loan our subscriber or customer lists to third parties for email marketing.
- The personally identifiable information you provide to us for making a travel reservation is made available to the applicable hotel, airline or auto rental agency for the purpose of completing your reservation request.
Disclosure of your information
Tailor Made Iceland Tours is an Icelandic company and is subject to Icelandic laws. We may disclose personal information without the users permission to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others or protect anyone’s rights, to protect our guests, staff, associates or property (including this site).
Tailor Made Iceland ehf
+354 499 3100 (9-17 GMT)
How may we help you?
00 354 553 4949 (9-17 GMT)
Tailor Made Iceland is a fully licensed travel agency & tour operator authorised by the Icelandic Tourist Board